Monday, February 21, 2011

Brussel Sprout Recipe That Will Convert The Most Hardened Brussel Sprout Detractor





I'm a relatively recent brussel sprout convert. Our brussel sprouts are nowhere near harvest-ready yet, but I'm practicing so my recipe will be perfected by the time they arrive on the scene.

Try this easy citrusy delicious recipe served up with brown rice:

1 lb brussel sprouts, halved (quartered if large)
1 T butter
1 t olive oil
1 1/2 T capers
2 clove garlic, minced
1 big squeeze of lemon juice
1 t coarsely ground sea salt
(carrots were just hanging around and found themselves suddenly thrown in the mix for color)

Melt butter in a pan with olive oil, add garlic and saute on medium high heat for 1 minute. Add brussel sprouts and capers and cook about 5 minutes or until brussel sprouts are wilted but not mushy. Finish off with lemon juice and sea salt to taste.

Don't  overcook brussel sprouts as you'll diminish their nutritional value. Brussel sprouts are outrageously healthy and recommended for pregnant women due to their high folic acid content. I'm not pregnant, but I crave them as if I were!
A sante!

No comments:

Post a Comment